Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Confronting the powers that be

Had a meeting today with the prof. I'm exhausted. I never thought I'd have to explain myself so much in a million years. I don't understand how people are Athiest...there IS a God. There might be no Santa Claus but there is definitely a God. Those who are in power often forget that there are others higher and more powerful than they, even if the higher One has no given name, in their book. When struggling with the powers that be, remember that within you there is a force that cannot and will not be compromised because of their insecurities or their fear of confronting their own prejudices. Even a child knows the importance of this; my six-year-old niece told me today that she wants a book for Christmas. I feel great knowing that her spirit and love of learning have not been pulverized by the negativity she suffered from a deameaning public school teacher of color. That is reassuring. Nothing else in the world matters.

No comments: